Work With Us – Nelson & District Arts Council – Administrative Assistant/Artist Liaison
The Nelson and District Arts Council is on the hunt for a temporary (8 week), full time (35 hours/week) Administrative Assistant/Artist Liaison to work alongside our team in anticipation of our busy summer of public art creation and artist support! This position will begin June 20th and will end on August 15th, 2022, for 16.00/hr.
Job activities include (but are not limited to):
• Assist with the coordination of Nelson International Mural Festival and ArtWalk performance artist relations from conception to completion
• Work evening and weekends when needed
• Develop working relationships with artists and partnering organizations
• Administration of, and adherence to budget as determined by Board
• Communicate with and update Musical Curator/ArtWalk Coordinator on activities on regular basis (daily or at least weekly if agreed upon)
• Welcome performance artists
• Forward bills to Executive Director for approval and payment
• Disseminate street/alley closure information to affected businesses
• Assist with Coordination of volunteers to assist with performance artists and performance support.
• Assist with distribution of posters, brochures, and signage.
• Assist in the coordination/scheduling of performance acts and video/sound crew (if needed)
• Assist with the coordination of accommodations, space rentals, performance artists’ needs
• Attend local events on behalf of the Arts Council
• Ensure that any concerns raised by performance artists are relayed immediately to the Executive Director
• Support ASL Interpreters’ needs for musical performances
To be eligible to participate in the Canada Summer Jobs initiative, individuals must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment; be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and, have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO INFO@NDAC.CA BY NOON, May 11th.
Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.