ArtWalk 2018 Artists’ Guidelines
**Application Deadline is 5pm on Friday, April 2oth, 2018**
This must include digital versions via email (preferred) or dropbox. Include at least 8 to 10 photos of your work: at least half of these must be work that you intend to show during ArtWalk (these should be current works not recently shown in Nelson or in a previous Nelson ArtWalk). Also a headshot, a maximum 250-word biography or artist’s statement, and a signed application with payment must be submitted.
Incomplete or late applications will be returned without refund. Applications must be submitted on time with a cheque (payable to the Nelson & District Arts Council) or e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org (password: nelson) and all information required by the ArtWalk organizer. Please ensure all information is clear.
- All works must be framed or otherwise professionally displayed. Artists are responsible for the installation of their work in cooperation with the gallery location. Work must be ready for viewing by noon on the first day of the opening (Friday, June 29th/July 27th 2018 ).
- Exhibitions must include a framed or suitably presented bio/artist’s statement on site.
- All work will be for sale unless otherwise agreed, and must be priced. ArtWalk labels will be available at the gallery if you run out.
- The artist must sign a commission agreement when the show is installed (65% artist-25% venue-10% NDAC split).
- The artist is requested to attend both opening receptions on June 29th and July 27th, 2018.
- The artist will be responsible for the removal of his or her exhibition not before the last scheduled day (September 9th, 2018), in cooperation with the gallery location. Shows may under no condition be removed before the last day of the show.
- In the happy event of sale of work, work should remain for the duration of the show when possible. If this is not possible, arrangements should be made to provide a replacement piece or rearrange spacing. The gallery is responsible for collection of money and will disperse the balance, after commission, to the artist and to ArtWalk.
- Preference will be given to artists showing recent work not previously exhibited in Nelson ArtWalk or other Nelson venues. Not all artists applying will be placed in ArtWalk 2018. Well- presented application portfolios have a higher success rate.
- Please make copies of the application and guidelines and keep for your records and for your information.